At a glance:
- Sector – Cropping, rainfed (no irrigation)
- Location – North Star, northern NSW
- Rainfall – 583mm to 623mm
- Area – Five non-contiguous holdings for a total land area of 9,710 ha (23,994 acres)
- Purchased – December 2009
- Sold – September 2017
NSA grew winter and summer crops such as wheat, barley, chickpeas, sorghum and cotton. Situated in the Golden Triangle, this region is known for its reliable rainfall, superior soil types and access to the major regional centres of Goondiwindi and Moree. Both centres provide extensive agricultural, medical and education services.