Seeking Dairy Farm Managers for southwest WA
agCap and Peninsula Downs Pty Ltd are seeking experienced dairy farm managers with a strong understanding of dairy farm systems and drivers of production performance for their dairy enterprise in southwest WA.
Three Dairy Farm Manager positions are currently available
- Farms milking 650-950 cows
- Located at Warner Glen and Scott River in Western Australia, approximately 50kms south east of Margaret River
- Salary packages start at $90,000/annum plus bonuses based on Milk Quality and in-calf rates
- Housing available on farm
The Dairy Farm Manager is a key operational position within the business, primarily reporting to Wolfie Wagner (agCap/Peninsula Downs CEO) and also the farm owner, Ross Woodhouse.
Efficient and cost-effective management of the farm is crucial to its success. The position requires a whole of farm approach with a focus on:
- training, support and motivation of staff
- people welfare
- efficient on farm processes
- animal welfare
- pasture management
The manager must be aware of the constantly changing environment on the dairy farm and identify emerging risks, issues and challenges
Core expectations for the role:
- Develop an on-farm culture based on trust and respect.
- Encourage and develop operational efficiencies.
Animal welfare and milk production
- Focus on animal welfare as per Dairy Australia and Peninsula Downs guidelines.
- Monitor production in line with milk forecast, pasture growth, supplementary feed cost and availability and seasonal conditions.
- Continually assess pasture growth rates, grazing interval and rotation length.
- Follow annual fertiliser plans and adjust as seasonal conditions change
- Understanding of the standard Dairy Australia chart of accounts and dairy farm business reporting
- Discuss monthly financial performance with senior management.
- Continually assess the profit drivers for the business
The agCap/Peninsula Downs management team are keen to have new managers on board asap.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right people, with the business being managed with plans for future growth. Now is the perfect time to get on board and become a part of the Peninsula Downs and agCap teams.
Contact agCap if you have any questions or would like a copy of the full position description.